Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Magic Garden






www.caroleandpaula.com

While going through youtube I searched for a program that I watched when I was little. It was called The Magic Garden. This program was base purely on music and imagination. I never missed it. I remember run so fast up the stairs when I heard the opening song. It was on everyday around 1:30 pm. I was just learning how to speak English and it was one of the ones that helped me learn faster. All it was was to women and singing with a guitar and their puppet friends Sherlock the squirrel, Flap the duck, flowers that had jokes on their leafs, a chest that always had nursery ryhm costumes that they would use to act out a play, and many other surprises. They would also teach words in other languages. I know it sounds corny but as a 3-6 year old I loved it and it let me us my imagination by creative. This show was syndicated and could only be seen if you lived in the North like New York. At this time I was living in Long Island at Huntington Station. It had 12 year run and they are still at it doing private shows.

No comments: